Kimmer: My brother is going to be 50?

Monday, June 16, 2008

My brother is going to be 50?


Ok so I must have been working too much lately because making this was entirely too much fun! ;)
my Dad told me yesterday that they are having a surprise party for my brother's 50th birthday party this friday...(I like cant believe he's going to be 50... 40 maybe but not 50?) anyway so i had to quick think of a present and he is hard to buy for because he only likes something handmade or inexpensive or that he can share; none of us know why but he's kind of odd about gifts... anyway I thought of a great one! he has a yellow race car and I went to toys are us and found a white one about 8 inches long...it even has a little driver in it with the single cockpit so tonight i painted it yellow and painted his name and a 50 on it.....and then the crowning touch- some flower stickers.... which is an inside joke my Dad and brothers will laugh at ... when i was little my dad collected (still does) corvette stuff and one of his little models which actually had monetary value... my brothers had a flower decal one time and talked me into putting it on there and said Dad would like it and to show it to him when he got home. well Dad did not like it. ;) but he still has that car (I did not get in trouble because he knew the way my brothers were snickering they had put me up to it and besides where else would i get a decal?) anyway i have lots of little flower stickers to put allll over this car. hehehe ok maybe ya had to be there but I predict it will give 3 people a good laugh. hey and the car has some kind of remote control. what will they think of next? ;)
wish i could be there to see him open it

5 Comments:

At 6/16/2008 10:31 PM, Blogger higgie08 said...

Cute car, Kmr! You are so crafty!! :)

 
At 6/16/2008 11:28 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! I know he will love it! :) Yes, it's hard to believe he will be 50! It seems like just yesterday he was taking me for a ride in his GREEN beamer after the apple! :0

 
At 6/17/2008 4:31 AM, Blogger gail said...

Well done kmr. What a great idea!

 
At 6/17/2008 10:24 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

hehehehe thanks girlies!:)
I laughed entiredly too much when it came time to put on the flower stickers :) I can't wait - i wish i was gonna be there when he opens it. Too funny. maybe someone will video it.

Melissa (Higgie) and Gail (Blue) meet my friend Laura- I've been best buds with she and her hubby since high school and we like to go explore the great outdoors or go to concerts!

Laura - i totally forgot about that lime green bmwr! Good memory; gonna have to start calling you scotty!... if of course you can tell us the month and year this occurred ;)
Hope your few weeks sans guests are going well and praying a time of refreshing for you and Eug. :)

 
At 7/14/2008 10:50 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

an update.....
I called during my brother's surprise birthday party and caught him after he'd already opened my present- he said that was 'over the top!' he loved it and it was the best present he got! he loved that i painted it because he has professionally painted a lot of cars (my paint job was very amaturish but i think the effort made him happy) and he thought the flower power stickers on the car were hilarious - he said he knew the second he saw them what that was about and it cracked him up- so that was fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home