Kimmer: Boldness Before the Throne

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Boldness Before the Throne

Here is a devotional by Max Lucado:
let us then feel very sure that we can come before God's thone where there is grace Heb 4:16

Jesus tells us..."When you pray, pray like this : 'Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come.'"

When you say, "They kindgom come, " you are inviting the Messiah himslef to walk into your world. "
Come, my King!
Take your throne in our land.
Be present in my heart.
Be present in my office.
Come into my marriage.
Be Lord of my family, my fears, and my doubts."
This is no feeble request;
it's a bold appeal for God to occupy every corner of your life.

and...who are you to ask such a thing?
Who are you to ask God to take control of your world?
You are his child, for heaven's sake!
And so you ask boldly.
(by Max Lucado)

3 Comments:

At 3/15/2008 8:09 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hey there.

 
At 3/15/2008 8:21 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Ok. Let me try again! What a timely reminder that we are God's children, and we can come boldly before the throne because of His grace. Whenever I hear the Lord's prayer, it always reminds me of Phil's teaching on that subject. It's where I first heard "thy will be done IN earth, as it is in heaven". I always said "on" earth until I heard his sermon. He said in the Greek, it's actually better translated "in". Do you remember that sermon? He went on to say that Adam & Eve were formed from the earth, and thus we all have some "earth" in us. So...whenever I hear the Lord's prayer, I also think of Phil's sermon reminding us that we are praying for God's will to be done "in" earth, or "in" us. Wow! Powerful praying! :)

 
At 3/25/2008 9:10 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

I like the hey there. its cute :)
wow I'm going to have to start calling you rainman (good memory)!
no...I remember a lot of Phil moments but not that exact sermon. Thanks for sharing it though! Man it is too bad we dont have any of those on tape, isnt it? He had a way of making you laugh so hard and then --landing--the point-- ooohhh. I still think he's one of the top 3 speakers I've ever heard.... ahhh Monday night Bible studies; those were great! :)
I was thinking about the Adams Apple earlier tonight. Remember Oreon? wonder what she is doing now? Last I heard she was doing work in inner city Chicago. And I heard Scott Roley (Albrecht Roley & Moore) is a pastor at a church around Nashville, I can see that.
Hey did I tell you Larry Norman went to be with the Lord a few weeks ago? he had this quote which was SO Larry Norman "I feel like a prize in a box of cracker jacks with God's hand reaching down to pick me up. I have been under medical care for months. My wounds are getting bigger. I have trouble breathing. I am ready to fly home.
Goodbye, farewell, we'll meet again
Somewhere beyond the sky.
I pray that you will stay with God
Goodbye, my friends, goodbye.
Larry "

here's a link to a video on you tube with him singing the song 'goodbye farewell' that he is quoting above and lots of photos of Christian musicians from the 70's-80's...it's pretty cool...

hope you are doing well~hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home