Kimmer: Getting to Estes Park

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Getting to Estes Park

I just returned from a week in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado and it was a blast! One cool blessing was how my camera broke the day before I was to leave and the Lord lead me to someone who could fix it that afternoon! The next cool and unexpected blessing came the next morning as I learned my 9 am flight to Dallas had just been delayed 4 hours till 1 pm. Hmm.. and that was just the getting to Dallas part ....that could put a kink in meeting up with my friend in Denver that first day; she'd have to wait for several hours.... But you know, God is just too good to me. The next thing I knew, the ticket agent said, well, there is one seat left on a flight thru Chicago that would get you into Denver just one hour later…would you like me to try and get that seat for you? Sounded great to me, let’s go for it! After several minutes of typing away the travel agent says, OK I got it for you; by the way, I just know this will break your heart but that one seat that was left, is in first class-hee :) Alrighty then! Ok I’ve been upgraded for one reason or another to first class before but apparently in retrospect they were all really short flights. This was a longer flight… and has anyone seen that Sienfeld episode where Jerry is in first class and Elaine is in coach? Well let’s just say it reminded me a lot of that. I’m like Lord, this is very nice, You are just way too good to me. Met up with my friend just fine and headed on up to Estes Park.

On the way there, we met the most tall, dark, and handsome cowboy! He was somethin’ else:

LOL – ok, who in the world would put this thing in their yard? :) okey dokey.

Then we saw this other cowboy fly fishing on the way to Estes Park, he was a little shorter:

Then we found the Inn we were staying at – I’ve booked places in the past that looked good on the internet before and had them turn out to be kinda crumy; but this place was truely very cool and only a few $ more than a normal room at the Holiday Inn and it had so much more space. The living room, kitchen, one bedroom and the balcony faced Deer Mountain in RMNP. It also had a full kitchen & grill so we were able save $ and eat healthier than if we had eaten out all the time. It was not in the commercial area, it was just one mile from the north entrance to RMNP so it was really quiet and peaceful. I would definitely go back there again. Here are some pics from the Inn:






I'll post more pics from the trip in a separate post....

3 Comments:

At 8/06/2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Sunny said...

now he gives a whole new meaning to the term "lawn ornament" . . .

hee!!

 
At 8/06/2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

doesn't he though! We were laughing so hard when we passed it, we had to turn around. It was hard to take the pic because I could not quit laughing-heehee

 
At 8/08/2006 7:42 AM, Blogger gail said...

Kimmer, these pics are awesome. Thank you, love Blue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home