Kimmer: Complete Rainbow

Friday, May 25, 2007

Complete Rainbow


How often do you see a rainbow? Normally, I don't see them that often, I'm thinking normally... maybe one or two per year....? but.... in the past month I have seen at least 5 rainbows (possibly 6?), with 4 of them being full rainbows stretching from horizon to horizon!! They seemed enormous and beautiful; they absorbed my attention. I've only ever seen a complete full rainbow once before in my life, so seeing 4 of them this past month has been quite surprising! And each time I have seen these rainbows, it has been very grey, cloudy, and rainy outside in all directions.... I can't really tell where the sunlight is coming from to make the rainbow. It has been a surprise blessing every time. I take it as a comfort and a reminder of God's promises, nearness, and faithfulness to us. I didn't take the pictures above, but when I searched online it was the closest thing I could find to what I've been seeing because it looks kind of cloudy. I saw the fourth full rainbow tonight on the way home from work, so I decided maybe it was time to post about it....

Here's a devotional from Rebecca Barlow Jordan:
COVENANT MAKER
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds,and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

FROM THE FATHER'S HEART
My child, I am in the promise-making business. You need never wonder about whether I will keep My word. Just like the visual reminder, a rainbow, that I gave to let you know the world would never again be destroyed by flood, I have given you countless promises in My Word. Test them, and see if I will not pour out on you immeasurable blessings when you seek to know Me intimately and trust in Me. My covenant with you is sealed in blood forever.

A GRATEFUL RESPONSE
Your rainbow was only the beginning of covenant signs between You and Your people, Lord. You are the covenant maker, the originator of all blessings and promises. Your Word has never lost its power. Each day is a rainbow, a personal promise from You, Lord. --(by Rebecca Barlow Jordan)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 89:5
The heavens praise your wonders, O Lord, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
I Cor. 1:9
God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
I Chr. 16:1
Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice,and let them say among the nations, The Lord reigns!
Psalm 8:1
O Lord, our Lord,how majestic is your name in all the earth!You have set your glory above the heavens.
Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God,and the sky above proclaims his handiwork
Psalm 36:5
Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens,your faithfulness to the clouds
Ephesians 3:17-19
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

blessings :)

2 Comments:

At 5/30/2007 8:30 PM, Blogger A Captured Reflection said...

I love rainbows, they always make me marvel at God's creation, his promises. We saw a full one too last week, the children were so excited and wouldn't stop talking about it. How are things with you Kimmer?

 
At 7/05/2007 5:25 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Hey Karen!
great to hear from you!
I will have to come pay you a visit :)
blessings~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home