Kimmer: Casting Crowns, Nicole Nordeman, Josh Bates Concert

Friday, April 21, 2006

Casting Crowns, Nicole Nordeman, Josh Bates Concert

Yesterday the Casting Crowns tour was in Springfield! It was refreshing and lasted about 3 1/2 hours... It began with Josh Bates, who I'd never seen before... He was quite good ; I was impressed and will have to pick up cd. We did not have floor seats, but we were on the side about 5 rows up... but the nice thing about being on the side was that I could actually see for once and did not have a lot of tall people in front of me :) so that was cool
(ok-before I post any pics, let me just confess that these did not come out too good as I have lost my camera book and only have the extra camera book in spanish! I do not remember enough espanol to make sense out of most of it but there were a few pics that came out ok... )
So here is Josh Bates...

He sang a few songs including Perfect Day and King of Glory, I really enjoyed him and thought he had good stage presence for being 'out there' all by himself.

Next Nicole Nordeman came out with a band (complete with big bass player); she sang several songs including Brave, What If, Hold On.... she has such a rich full pretty voice....Here is a pic of them...

Next it was Casting Crowns - love their music! They are so good and their lyrics so meaningful. I was of course singing very loudly as I figure the music was so good and loud no one could hear me anyway ;) I was trying to remember what all they sang.... Lifesong, Praise you in the Storm, Does anybody hear her, Stained Glass Masquarade, What if His People Prayed, If we are the Body, Voice of Truth, Who am I, American Dream, Praise you with a Dance... I love listening to Mark Hall... I have really loved the song Praise You in the Storm but he told the story of behind that song.... it came from their meeting of a little girl who danced to one of their songs and her family when they were in Raleigh...how they had come to be friends with the family and then the little girl became ill; that they continued emailing with her mother and that they could see the human side of suffering in her emails (sometimes full of faith, sometimes discouraged) but that in all her emails was the resolve to Praise God no matter what ...in the storm... that they had written this song for them...(I was at the Raleigh SCC, CT, CC concert last year and now I had to wonder if that little girl had been there) Also Mark Hall talked about World Vision and how he and his son had adopted a little boy born on the same day as his son... how this had really fostered praying for others in his little boy as they kept in touch with this child, which was really a cool thing to share... then Tony Nolan who I had never heard before who is the pastor on this tour shared a salvation message and I'm telling you it literally looked like hundreds stood when asking for salvation so that was wonderful to see!!

I'm trying to remember what else happened.... it must have been for the encore the drummer came back on stage with a huge big red ball that I think everyone thought he was going to kick into the crowd but instead he threw it on the stage and then did a big huge body bounce off the thing which was hilarious! During the encore they sang we give You Glory which seemed fitting :) It was a great concert, complete with many coming to salvation, what more can you ask for?




12 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Sunny said...

Thanks for the review and pics, Kimmer! I almost feel like I was there . . . almost!

:D

 
At 4/21/2006 10:41 PM, Blogger Liz said...

cool beans Kimmer!!!

 
At 4/22/2006 10:31 AM, Blogger higgie08 said...

Kimmer--
I am sooo excited now! Only 3 more weeks until the show here. We have gold circle seats, which means we will be within the first 20 rows center! Yay! Do you know if they did a meet and greet after the show? I know they did one after the SCC/CT show last year, but I didn't go because the crowd was soo huge and we were waaay back in the crowd. But, this year, nothing is stopping me!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I cannot wait to go. :)Thanks for the pics and review! Hopefully I will get some good pics, too, and share them with all of you!

 
At 4/22/2006 4:35 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Hey P31G-
wow gold circle seats, that will be good! I like being in the first few rows but this being on the side was good for a change.
Yes I believe they did do a meet & greet after the show; I say this by the super long line of people waiting to meet them and from those exiting with signed things....however if it was announced, I didn't hear that part so I don't know how these people knew where to go...maybe I was off walking around when they announced it.... I saw the long line in a side room as I was leaving... might be a good idea to find out where the m & g will be from someone at the arena or local radio station prior to the show starting. Yes I hope you get to meet them and get some good pics of the show! Let us know how it is!
take care~

 
At 4/25/2006 6:43 AM, Blogger gail said...

Hi Kimmer,Surprise!!! I've just watched Andy "Permission to Speak " part 3. Really good stuff. must put it into practice.

Love Blue

 
At 4/25/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Hey Gail!
yes I need to watch those but it is too late tonight and tomorrow night will be church... maybe Thursday night I'll be able to see one.. thanks for suggesting them!
Have a great day, love ya
blessings :)

 
At 4/29/2006 7:44 AM, Blogger gail said...

Hi Kimmer, just to say "hello" before I hit the sack and end a long day. Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day.
Talk to you then.It will probably be an e-mail again tomorrow. Don't know about the blog yet. Love Blue

 
At 4/30/2006 12:34 AM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Hi Gail!
good to hear from you! I still have not caught Andy online but I did get one of his dvd's in the Christian bookstore today (first time I've seen him there so that was a nice surprise!) I'm praying for you this weekend!
Blessings to you~
here's a hug~
love
Kim :)

 
At 4/30/2006 5:42 AM, Blogger gail said...

Hi kimmer, Rowan and i will be in Atlanta on a Sunday and so I am going to try to get to Northpoint. My wallet will take another hammering at their resource centre. Can you imagine all the loot I'll have from Passion and Northpoint??

 
At 5/01/2006 10:25 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Gail,
You might need to buy another suitcase for all of it! :)

 
At 5/07/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow - i have just got into casting crowns - love their "in the storm song" (have the lyrics on my blogg)

love nicole nordman's (sp???) song - what if you're wrong - all about how jesus ISN'T just a great man or a great teacher, but that he IS the Son of God, our Savior and Lord!

ps - i saw you on gail and sunny's blogg so was been nosy lol :o)

 
At 5/07/2006 7:59 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Hi Claire!
Yes I love that Casting Crowns song Praise You in the Storm, they are wonderful lyrics, aren't they?

Nicole sang that song in the concert and it was very good too
blessings :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home